- November, company is founded as Terada Seisakusho by Kiyosaku Terada in Jinraku area of Yamatotakada in Nara Prefecture, Japan.
- February, sales Offices open in Nagoya and Hiroshima. Successful development of self priming pump with high pump head. Put into mass production as Selpra Pair Pump models.
- May, niigata Sales Office opens.
- June, company changes name to Terada Pump Manufacturing.
- October, Takamatsu Sales Office opens.
- January, Frosky (FX 5) hot tub unit for home use wins award at 1st Nara Good Design Exhibition.
- April, three compact submersible pumps with major components made of rustproof stainless steel released simultaneously (models CSL, CSA and CSD).
- March, OW model series is completed (double mechanical pumps for slurry water).
- December, development of DS1 80 floating oil recovery unit. Patent is acquired at same time.
- March, opening representative office in Indonesia.